Under 2 minutes quick pickle vegan and glutenfree
If you have been following my blog for sometime now, you know that i hate elaborate recipes. I like to cook with simple ingredients and very simple recipes. This pickle is on the brief, so easy to make, takes less than 2 minutes to make and it is made with the simple ingredients that you will have in your kitchen for sure.
- Don’t cut the veggies too thin. You want to retain the crunch so the vegetables so cut them thick so that they don’t go soggy while cooking.
- Cook on high flame.
Prep time: Under 2 minutes.
Cooking times: 40-50 seconds
Carrot:5-6 . Peeled. Cut in half and then half. Check image here.
White turnip: 3 (medium sized). Peeled. Cut in half and half.
Green chillies: The more the merrier.
Cauliflower (optional). I didn’t add but you must if you have one.
Radish: 1 big. Peeled. Cut in half and half.
- Black mustard seeds: 1 tablespoon
- Small mustard seeds (rai) black (mostly used for pickle, they look like black mustard but these are smaller in size) if you can’t find this then crush 1 tbsp black mustard coarsely in a blender: 2 tbsp. See image
- Carom seeds: 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder: 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder: 1/2 tbsp
- Salt: 2 tbsp
- Dry mango powder: 1 tbsp
- Vinegar/lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Heat oil.
- Dunk in the cut veggies. Make sure the flame is on HIGH.
- Mix them well.
- Add the spices/salt. Mix well. Do all this very quickly.
- After mixing for a few seconds. Add vinegar or lemon juice.
- Mix well. The pickle is ready.
- Let this cool down. After the pickle has cooled down properly, transfer to a jar.
- This pickle should be eaten within days.
- Adjust salt if you have to.
- Tip: if you want the pickle to last longer – add some mustard oil to the jar in which you have transferred the pickle. The extra oil will add life to this pickle.
For an easy paneer/tofu dinner recipe, click here.
For authentic daal recipes, check the page here.