Gluten-Free Eggless Indian Biscuit Recipe.
Gluten-Free Eggless Indian Biscuit recipe
This is a traditional Indian Biscuit recipe. If you have never had this I suggest you make this right now.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking: 30-40 mins
Serves: Makes 8-10 biscuits
Besan: 1 cup
Brown Sugar: 1/2 cup ( You can take powdered sugar too. I didn’t use the powdered because of the like the crunch of the whole sugar crystals)
Ghee (Clarified butter): 1/2 cup
Baking Powder: 1/2 tsp
Cardamom seeds powdered: From 3-4 cardamoms
Almond Flakes (Optional): For decoration
- In a sifter, sift the besan and the baking powder. Add the cardamom powder. Mix them well. Keep this aside.
- In another bowl, add the sugar and the ghee. Which them very well, till they get mixed properly.
- Preheat the oven at 200C.
- Now add the besan mixture to the sugar ghee bowl. I fold them very well.
- Make a dough.
- After you have made the dough, separate the dough into small balls. Approximately 8-10 balls of equal sizes.
- Make round balls, but flatten a bit, just a bit and put an almond flake in the middle.
- Line the baking tray with butter paper, place the naan khatai balls on the baking tray and bake at 180C for 30 minutes.
- Keep an eye after 25 minutes, mine took 35 minutes to bake. This may vary from one oven to another. Once you see the bottom of the biscuits browning, also the top changing color, you would know the biscuits are almost done.
- Take the tray out after the biscuits get properly baked. Do not touch the biscuits for some time. Let this cool down for 5-7 minutes, otherwise, they would crumble.
- Your biscuits are ready, seal them in an airtight container to store or have them with your tea or coffee.
For more visit our next Recipe