Healthy glutenfree chocolate chip cookie
This is the best, easy, chewy chocolate chip cookies that would make your day and they are totally worth you time in the kitchen. Trust me, i have made these very often to know that this one is a sure shot winner. Now this recipe requires an egg, but if you don’t want the egg try making it with flax eggs. I have never tried it with this recipe but i have tried using flax eggs as replacement for many other recipes so i am confident that it would work here aswell.
You can also try a packaged egg-replacer, such as Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer, this would probably work very well with this recipe.
What kind of chocolate I used?
You can use chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. I prefer dark chocolate chunks.
Ingredients for 12 cookies:
Almond flour (not almond meal): 1 1/3 cup (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
Cocoa Powder: 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon (I used Hershey’s)
Coconut Sugar/Brown Sugar: 1/4 cup
Pink Salt: a pinch
Baking soda: 1/4 teaspoon
Maple Syrup: 1/4 cup
Dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks: 1/3 cup
1/3 cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
A good baking mat is a must-have item. It prevents the dough from sticking and ensures even baking every time.
This is what I use, find it here.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk the almond flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and baking soda.
- Add in the vanilla, egg, oil, maple syrup; mix them very well.
- Mix till the point the mixture becomes smooth and shiny.
- Time to add in the chopped walnuts to this.
- Preheat the oven @180C
- Line the baking tray with a silicone baking mat (invest in this as the quality of cookies turn out much better than the parchment paper)
- Using an ice-cream scoop, make round balls (make sure they are of equal size).
- You should be able to make 12 cookies with this dough.
- Bake them for 10-12 minutes.
- They are ready. Almond flour cookies are chewy and softer. Make sure you store them in a tight container after they have cooled down properly.
- Sprinkle the salt flakes on the cookie after they have baked, this balances out the sweetness in the cookies also they taste fantastic.
Find the steps here:
Find my other favorite cookie recipe here.
For a flourless almond flour cookie recipe, click here.