Serves: Makes 12-13 muffins
- Buckwheat flour: 1 Cup
- Tapioca flour: 1 Cup
- Rice flour/Gluten Free maida: 1/2 cup
- Baking soda: 1 tsp
- Baking powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Grated ginger: 3 tsp
- Lemon juice: 1 tsp
- Milk: 2/3 cup
- Maple syrup or honey: 1/2 cup
- Refined oil/olive oil: 1/4 cup
- Egg: 1 beaten
- Vanilla essence: 2 tsp
- Mix together the buckwheat flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, and rice flour in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mashed bananas, fresh ginger, milk, maple syrup, oil, and one beaten egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix mix them all very well.
- Fill in the muffin cups, bake at 180 for 25-30 minutes. Check once after 20 minutes.
- Let this cool after it gets properly baked.
- After it has cooled down properly, sprinkle icing sugar, sprinkle some grated ginger and serve.
Tip: Glutenfree cakes or muffins do not rise a lot so there is no need to worry. The fact that we have added both soda and baking powder this one should rise perfectly but if it doesn’t then do not feel bad it will still taste very good. To store them, put them in an airtight container and keep in the fridge.